Call Us On
Monday to Friday 09:00am to 5:00pm (except for Bank Holidays)
Tours Isle of Man Limited - Travel Guidance for Special Needs Requests
If you or any of the group you are booking for need any assistance to help your travel, please advise us at the time of booking. The more information we have about your requirements, the better prepared we will be to meet your needs.
We may be able to reserve specific seats and we can instruct the driver to reserve the front seats to those with concerns of mobility.
Our driver will assist with the loading and unloading of customers' luggage into the coach hold. Assistance with items over 20kgs will be required. If any of the party need help getting on or off the coach, please discuss this with us.
Whilst passengers cannot travel in their wheelchairs or mobility scooters, lightweight manual wheelchairs and small mobility scooters are accepted for travel, provided they are capable of being stowed in the luggage hold of the coach. It is important that we are aware of how many wheelchairs/scooters will need to be catered for, as much information as possible will assist us, please see list below.
· Provide us the details of the size and make of the powered wheelchair/scooter to enable checks to be made on the manufacturer's website that it is suitable for carrying on the coach.
· That the heaviest part of the scooter or powered wheelchair weighs no more than 20kgs.
· The disabled customer is accompanied at the point of departure and arrival by a companion who can dismantle and reassemble the powered wheelchair / scooter to enable stowage in the coach.
· The powered wheelchair / scooter is operated by dry cell, lithium batteries or gel fuel cell only.
· It is deemed that there will be sufficient additional room in the luggage hold to carry the item.
Fully trained and approved assistance dogs are welcome on our coaches. Aisles are not to be blocked for safety reasons.
We will allow customers who require them to carry personal oxygen supplies in handheld bottles.
Our commitment to you - What we cannot do
· Our drivers and guides are not permitted to assist customers with their eating or personal hygiene.
· Health and safety considerations mean we cannot lift or carry you and cannot provide medical services such as giving injections.
· If a medical condition requires others to provide this type of care, you should travel with a companion who can assist you during your journey.
· Our drivers and guides are unable to provide personal care services during the journey.
· Our drivers and guides are unable to dismantle or reassemble mobility scooters or powered wheelchairs that have been approved for travel.
We do welcome feedback and comments from customers about how we can improve our service to you.
In meeting these commitments, we will consider the Equality Act 2017 as it applies to coach operations.